On class reductionism, commodity fetishism, and value theory.
To discuss Covid, the state as ‘PMC leviathan’, and the politics of value theory, we’re joined by philosopher Elena Louisa Lange, who also explains why class reductionism is not a theoretical position or a mere mistake, but a social reality. We also address the value of ‘going back to school’, take on the new Leftist ‘holy trinity’ of class-race-gender, and hear from Elena why we need to theorise the world before we change it.
- The Middle-Class Leviathan: Corona, the “Fascism” Blackmail, and the Defeat of the Working Class, Elena Louisa Lange and Joshua Pickett-Depaolis, Crisis and Critique, 2020
- Marxism and the Crisis of Development in Prewar Japan, Germaine A. Hoston, Princeton, 1987
- Lawyer’s Fees, Beetroot, and Music, Elena’s Substack
- Value Without Fetish, Elena Louisa Lange, Brill 2021
- Marxist Class Theory for a Skeptical World, Raju J. Das, Haymarket, 2018