On how Labour lost.
Was it Brexit that did for Labour? In what sense? What now for the British Left – and for democracy?
- 02:40 Opening chat
- 05:15 The electoral map, the generational divide
- 21:46 Class
- 33:52 The leadership and the media
- 48:10 Holding our prediction to account
- 53:30 Reaction of various Labour factions
- 01:03:10 Future of left-populism
- How class, turnout and the Brexit party shaped the general election result, Financial Times
- The Failure of the Left to Grasp Brexit, Michael Wilkinson, Verfassungs Blog
- Anti-politics & the last gasp of British Labourism, Tad Tietze, Left-Flank
- Hate to say it, but #BrexitWouldveWon, Alex Hochuli
- Don’t blame Corbyn or Brexit: Labour failed to rage against the hated political system, Adam Ramsay, openDemocracy